Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

It's that time again - holiday baking!

Between 4 kids, starting our own business and my University course, baking is done in bunches.  Today's collection is below.

Interestingly, I just discovered one of my old recipes is gluten-free and egg-free! 

The gluten and egg free oatmeal caramel squares are delicious!


 Got hungry so I made garlic cheese buttermilk biscuits while the crust for the pecan bars were baking.
 Not quite cooked here but when it cools, this ooey, gooey pecan bar will be amazing!  Shortbread type base with butter tart-like topping.
Plain salted caramels (Fleur de Sel) this time.  I may dip these in chocolate or drizzle with same.  Also great with graham cracker crumbs as a base.













And, from Sunday, brownies, cupcakes (iced in either mint, chocolate or chocolate with Kirsch) and butterscotch bars.

Tomorrow, I hope to work on lemon-cranberry biscotti and a few more cookies.  What are you baking this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment