Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Thank goodness for Fro Dough!

Wonder if anyone else uses the term Fro Dough?  Well, in my case, I'm referring to the stash of ready to go cookie dough balls in my freezer.  Having been handed a note at 6pm asking for any type of goodies for a kinder grad tomorrow, I immediately thought of the ginger snap dough I had ready to go!  within minutes, fresh ginger snaps were baking in the oven, filling the house with the smell of molasses and spice.

I then whipped up another new cookie using an existing base recipe and adding dark chocolate, oatmeal, white chocolate and dried cranberries to create a yummy cookie fit for school!  My preferred combo with this dough is cranberry, pecan and lemon -- not school safe!

Well it's 10:19pm and still a ton of take home work to finish, not to mention household chores!  Better check the cookies and get to work!

2 comments:

  1. Yummers. Girl, I wish I had your energy. I love ginger snaps and cookies with oatmeal. If I lived at your house, I would be obese...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The key for me is to have something yummy available. You crave it less if it is not denied and can stop at just a bite. Plus, home-baked goods have less preservatives and other yuckies in them. I know what goes in my food to some degree and can pronounce the ingredients. Store-bought baked stuff (not bakeries) repel me.

    ReplyDelete