Monday, August 30, 2010

Noodles, noodles and more noodles!

After enjoying a delicious dish of Chicken Lo Mein at Rickshaw (Gravenhurst), I decided to try my hand at noodles.

For this first attempt, I used two types of store bought noodles  - 1 pkg of refrigerated chow mein yellow skinny noodles (prepare as directed) and 1 pkg of soft thicker noodles (in the grocery aisle).

I then cooked cut up chicken breast with onion (jn a touch of oil) until the chicken was cooked.  Then, I stir-fryed a plethora of veggies - broccoli, snow peas, carrots, celery until soft.

I split the chicken and veggies between the two types of noodles.  to the skinny noodles, I added 1 pkg of Sun Star chow mein seasoning (also in noodle aisle).  To the thicker noodles, I added House of Tang Szechewan sauce (note its hot!).

Overall, I preferred the thick noodles but liked both sauces.  Next time, I would use an additional pkg of chow mein seasoning or make my own.

Here are the results:

No comments:

Post a Comment